Very early in her career, Susan Kricun’s talents and good fortune brought her under the umbrella of the Jerry Colangelo organization, which included the Phoenix Suns, America West Arena, SRO Communications and, eventually, the Arizona Diamondbacks and BankOne Ballpark. Susan quickly recognized and appreciated Mr. Colangelo’s approach to corporate citizenship, with all of his organizations participating heartily in myriad philanthropic endeavors.
This commitment to the community started at the top with Mr. Colangelo and filtered down to all of his employees, many of whom still serve on multiple charitable boards while all share an uncommon respect for what Jerry imparted to them: The community owes you nothing, it is up to you to earn its respect each and every day.
Susan has carried this forward into her career and her long list of philanthropic efforts include support of March of Dimes, American Cancer Society, Phoenix Suns Charities, Valley of the Sun United Way, Phoenix Memorial Hospital, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Phoenix Coyotes Goals for Kids Foundation and Valley Big Brothers/Big Sisters, among many others as listed below.
- American Cancer Society
- American Liver Foundation
- Best Buddies Arizona
- Careers through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP)
- Cesar E. Chavez Foundation
- Coyotes Charities
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Desert Voices/Thunderbird Charities
- Free Arts of Arizona
- Friends of COMPAS
- Friends of Transit
- Hon Kachina Council
- March of Dimes
- Mental Health America of Arizona
- Phoenix Active 20/30 Club
- Phoenix Coyotes Goals for Kids Foundation
- Phoenix Memorial Hospital
- Phoenix Suns Charities
- Phoenix Zoo
- Valley Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Valley of the Sun United Way